- “Guy is one of my favourite Indo-jazz guitarists” Niranjan Jhaveri (Director of Jazz India and Yatra Jazz Festival and Down Beat contributor )
- “Guy is an amazing player and a great composer” Mike Stern (ex Miles Davis guitarist)
- “Guy Strazz has the rare musical gift of being able to make his guitars ‘sing, pianists and violinists are always striving to achieve this singing quality to their sound; only a handful of the very gifted ones ever achieve it – It’s a wonderful album”. Tony Magee, (APRA) Colours: CD review ABC Music/Warner4/5 stars
- “Guy Strazz, one of those musicians who hear and accommodate everything that flows to them from other performers, is able to emulate the rising intensity of sitar-like improvisations” Roger Covell, ConSpiritOz/Ross Edwards: Sydney Opera House concert, Sydney Morning Herald.
- “Strazz takes to the classical acoustic guitar and the virtuosity is dazzling” Leon Gettler, The Melbourne Age
- “Amazing technique; blindingly fast runs, peppered with exotic scales, pour from his six and eight string acoustic guitars. At times the pace is simply torrid, but elsewhere Strazzullo shows a deeply expressive andalmost romantic strain” Shane Nichols, Australian Financial Review
PhD (2014), Australian Independent Recording Jazz Nomination (AIR 2008); Indie Acoustic Project (USA) Best Release Runner Up (2006). Australia Council for the Arts Music Fellowship (Aus/EU/USA 2001-2003). APRA Award 2000, APRA Nominations 1999 & 2004; 2 Council Touring/Project grants to India (Calcutta Express, 2004), Indonesia (The Riddle, 1997), and Playing Australia (GS Trio, 2000 and Frangipani, 2004); Macquarie University Research Scholarship MQRES (2009-2013). UNICEF Award for Rwanda Children Appeal Concert in Sydney (1994). Citations in the Oxford Companion to Australian Jazz (B. Johnston), and in “The Twang Dynasty -A history of plucked instruments in Australia from 1836 to 2011 (R. Payne, 2012).